Composite white fillings offer the ability to effectively deal with cavities while maintaining the cosmetic appeal of a bright, white smile.
Benefits of Composite White Fillings
- Created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel
- Because composite fillings can be created for smaller restorations, less of your tooth structure is lost and less drilling is needed
- The material is made from acrylic and glass particles, containing no mercury or other metals
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure and insulates against temperature changes
The Filling Process
- First, the targeted tooth is prepared by removing decay.
- Next, a bonding agent is applied to the prepared tooth.
- The composite material is placed and molded to your tooth structure.
- The material is hardened by focusing intense light rays on it for about a minute (the time required may vary according to each patient's needs and specific dental condition).
For more information on composite white fillings or to schedule an appointment, call My Crossroads Dentist at 636-639-1720.